Saturday 18 December 2010

(In Dar-es-Salaam)

Everybody sat at the airplane and I was still at the boarding gate's security checkpoint.

‘And her? Is she your wife?’ Asks the officer who had been holding me up for the last ten minutes.

‘No, he is too young to marry.’

‘Definitely too young to marry.’ I say.

‘But marriage is a good thing!’ Says the first.

‘Yes, marriage is a good thing,’ I say, putting on my belt.

‘It brings many good things,’ he says.

‘Many good things.’ I say.

‘Marriage brings responsibility,’ he says.

‘Well, responsibility is still a big word for me.’

‘But you can not be the president if you are not married.’

‘And that is all the reasons that I ever needed.’ The airplane staff come to pry me away.

‘My friend, what about your shoes?’ I heard him shouting after me, but I was already too far down the sleeve to answer.


--


(In Gatwick, with security)

‘Oh, I don’t mind. As long as they don’t send me to Guantanamo for too long.’

‘Yeah, well, I hope you have your orange suit ready.’

‘Will I get my one phone call?’

‘Probably not, we take all your rights away.’


--


(In Gatwick, in a police interview with Mr. Abbot)

‘What do you usually use your bag for?’

‘Carrying stuff.’

‘Hmm. Ask a dumb question. And have you been in trouble with the Police in England before?’

1 comment:

  1. You gotta love police questions. aannd, i can recall one or two occasions :P

    ReplyDelete